Sunday, August 31, 2008

This is college, after all...

We've spent hours hauling and moving and driving in the past few days, skipping out on the early semester parties and get-togethers to make our house nice. So, Jalene and I thought we could treat ourselves just a little bit. We went to Pizza Luce and got an Athena pizza, which comes topped with feta cheese, grilled artichokes, tomatoes, onions, spinach, mozzarella and lots of garlic. We got a 10" small pizza and each had two slices. We got a salad to go with it, but were too full to eat it. In spirit of this "college" meal, I had some diet Dr. Pepper to go with it.

We thought it would be more fun to eat on the floor...


And, of course, we finished with some ice cream. I love Edy's "Loaded" ice creams because they're so creamy and decadent, yet have only 130 calories and 4.5 grams per half cup. Woohoo!


As I said, this is not a typical meal. I'm not the biggest fan of pizza, but I'd tried this one before during my sophmore year and thought it would be nice to repeat it for a celebratory meal. A little splurging once in a while is good for the morale.

No comments: