Sunday, August 31, 2008

Full exposure

I didn't know my grandparents were planning on going out for lunch, so I showed up in my comfy clothes. We went to Patrick's so we could sit outside and enjoy the sun. I've been once before and liked it, but this time the food took a really long time to come out and the service was pretty bad (I hate to rag on restaurants because I work in one in New York, but our waitress was not very attentive). I had a niçoise with the dressing on the side and my tuna medium rare. I don't know if it was my allergies or the heat, but I only took a few bites of my salad. This is very unusual for me, since I usually clean my plate even if I fill up partway through my meal. I packed it up to take home, so I'll probably have it for dinner tonight or lunch tomorrow.

As I usually do when I have lunch with my granny, I had a skim iced latte (which I sucked dry). It was served in a nice big Newcastle beer glass.


Thanks in part to the caffeine, I was inspired to hit the gym when I got back to St. Paul.

I ran 2.5 miles in 30 minutes, average of 4.96 mph including 7.0 mph sprints, 5.3 mph jog, and 3.2 mph walks.

3 x 10 reps tricep machine (30 lbs)

2 x 10 reps deltoid machine (10 lbs)
2 x 10 reps chest press (10 lbs)
3 x 10 reps hip abduction, outer (70 lbs)
3 x 10 reps hip abduction, inner (70 lbs)

I wanted to bike to school to save gas and get some exercise (and it's only about .25 miles) so I tried to pack my gym clothes, shoes, books, and laptop. I only realized when I got there that I'd forgotten to bring a towel and socks, so while I was air drying myself in the shower stall a little blond girl in a bathing suit pulled open the curtain. Poor kid!

I was hungry after my workout so I had the remainder of my Whole Foods salad bar dinner.


I brought a Clif bar in my bag in case I get hungry during the film screening (Eisenstein's Alexander Nevsky) since we won't get out until 10 PM.

No comments: