Friday, November 7, 2008

Change of plans...

I left my house this morning and look what I saw... Ronnie covered in snow! This isn't atypical of a Minnesota November, but it was 70 on Wednesday. Make up your mind, weather!



I was all set to eat my bag lunch, but I bumped into Carlye and decided to eat with her, Sarah, Joe and Greg in the cafeteria . Much more fun than reading about the economy all by my lonesome!


They had "creole fish sandwiches " today.... For some reason all is lost whenever I get anywhere near battered fish. When my friend Hayley and I were in London last spring, we went to Borough Market and got the most amazing fish and chips, among other things. Ah, London. Take me back... Anyway, I just asked for one fish filet today and ate it on half a honey wheat English muffin (the other half dropped on the floor) with spinach and carrots and a teeny bit of tarter sauce. I also got a roasted Portobello mushroom with carmelized onions (my favorite)...


... and "Armenian lentil soup" to which I added parsley, coconut and raisins.




Sarah came up with something brilliant...


Red ants on a log... in a blizzard. I will have to try these.



Ate a grapefruit on my way to English...



We did a really interesting (albeit uncomfortable) writing exercise in class today. Here was the assignment: You have 15 minutes to write whatever comes into your head, but you CANNOT let your pen stop writing. The result: a lot of really personal thoughts. It's funny, because we did something similar in Poetry last week, and the result was the same. Naca (poetry prof) says good writing comes from being uncomfortable. It was a good exercise for me, although a little embarrassing to share with the class, especially in the American Novel which is bigger and not as close as Poetry. I figured out where a lot of the anxiety I'm feeling is coming from (graduation ---> "real" world); I'm going to try to do this a couple times a week.



Came home and had an apple.


I have a busy night tonight (German house, Russian house, Jeremy Messersmith at the Turf Club) so I'm going to try and get a little work done before 6. Have a lovely Friday night, whatever it is you're doing!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

SNOW!! It's on its way here as well....

Good luck with your busy evening!!