Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Home again, home again

Greetings from the home front! It is so nice to be back. I'm cozy in my bedroom, wearing actual pyjamas (instead of old gym clothes, hehe), snuggling with my 7-year old puppy.

My dad met me at the airport, and came bearing treats. One of my top ten favorite things about the fall is that clementines are in season! I can literally eat a box in one sitting.

I had one on the way to the car:


I wasn't sure if he was going to do it, but he did! My dad made one of my all-time favorite cakes, Van Gogh's Grandmother's Apple Cake, and brought it to the airport.


I had to make sure it was good!



I was still a little hungry when we got in, so I had a small bowl of this pesto fusilli with potatoes, green beans and pine nuts:



With Charley (after Steinbeck's Travels With Charley):


My parents stocked up on all my favorite goodies!


Fresh almond butter from the co-op:


My dad even made his own overnight oats for me!

about 1 cup (soaked) in water
1 banana
3 oz 0% Fage (!)
spoonful almond butter
walnuts
squirt of lavender honey

2 clemmies on the side:


I have to go get a much-needed haircut. I'm meeting my mom for lunch, then seeing my friend Caitlin a little later for coffee. Humpday has never been so fun!

5 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

WELCOME HOME!!!! :-)

Tina said...

Cute pup! :)

Simple and Divine said...

OH my Gosh! Katie, you're dad is SO precious... Just to see your beautiful smile :) Aren't Dad's the cutest ever! And umm... Your puppy? Absolutely Divine. Like ridiculously :) So glad you got home safely! Enjoy girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Cute puppy!! Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! You dad's little surprises are adorable :)

Enjoy your time at home!

Laura said...

That is so cute that your dad brought the cake to the airport!

Enjoy your time at home!