Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Race to the polls!



I've heard some poll lines are going around the block! Good thing I voted absentee.... I heard on the Current last night that twenty-somethings are the least likely to put up with long waits to vote, and will opt out of voting instead of waiting. Scary! I hope that doesn't happen.... There is such a feeling of opportunity (and, yes, anxiety) in the air today as the possibility that reparations will be made for the past 8 years grows closer. Please please please...


Betty Ford is hopeful here! He also wanted to make sure my bath water was juuuust right.



I had another bowl of overnight oats this morning. I love these! And I actually really like the idea of cold oatmeal. It feels kind of naughty, like having pizza or cake for breakfast.

1/2 cup steel cut oats
1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk
1 banana
3 frozen strawberries, microwaved into a chunky syrup
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp almond butter


Pre-mixed:



Post- aren't the colors pretty? It's like a watercolor in my oats!:


I went back for some almond butter!


Coffee, vitamins and Emergen-C.



I had a settlement voucher (for paying too much for my multivitamins) from the Vitamin Shoppe, so I ordered some more calcium supplements. It still ended up costing $11, but not having them really wasn't an option. I'm running low on all my others; I might just wait to re-stock when I go home for Thanksgiving.

Have a lovely day and GO VOTE!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Cute cat :0)

It DOES look like watercolors in your oats - gorgeous!!

Bakerella said...

Hey Katie

You won a bakerella t-shirt! Congrats! Look at the sizes at the link below. Then email me your address and size and I will send it out to you.

http://www.bakelove.com/bakerella_t-shirt.html

Bakerella