Sunday, November 30, 2008

Transit Eats

I guess my stomach's already used to eating more (and better!) and I was sort of in a constant state of being hungry or thinking about being hungry.

Before I left for the airport, I made a sandwich to take with me: cranberry sauce, sharp cheddar, spinach, apple and mustard on baguette.


All wrapped up and purdy like a present:


Luckily we figured out my flight was delayed 3 hours before I left, and my dad got me on a different flight on a totally different airport. That one was also delayed, but at least I got on and didn't have to take the 8 AM flight tomorrow morning!

I had a Fage 0%/pumpkin/pecan/honey snack before I left:


An apple at the airport:


Apple cake on the plane:


And finally (I hope), an Oatmeal Squares/Wheetabix/skim milk clemmie snack when I got home in St. Paul.

I already miss New York! That break felt like such a tease. I missed my kitties (Betty Ford is sitting on my arm as I type this) and friends though, and I'm going to try to get right back into my routine tomorrow morning by going to the gym at 7.

Hope you've all had lovely Thanksgivings. How many days until Christmas break...?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sandwich looks delicious! Well, starting tomorrow I have 14 days of work until break! Doesn't sound too bad actually!!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Delish sandwich!!

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece :) Delayed flights are horrible!

Sharon said...

13 days till Christmas break for me! Great eats for the day!

Caroline said...

An apple a day keeps the DR away! Looks like your on the right path! ;)
-Caroline

Whispy Love said...

Yummmm!