Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lemon Chili Supreme!!!

One day, I will start a post with something other than "I am sooooo tired." That day is not today. I can't believe it's only Tuesday!


Morgan and I had a lot of fun cooking, and I am proud to say that I now have another tofu recipe to add to my repertoire.

Morgan's kind of a wine buff (those Californians!), and he always has the best wines. He brought over a 2007 Malbec Rosé. This is my first time having a rosé that I actually liked! I think I equate rosés with white zinfandels (ICK), and aside from the color, there's nothing similar about them.

We each had a glass:



We had a spinach, walnut, apple, feta and dried cranberry salad (tossed in balsamic vinegar, EVOO , dijon mustard, salt & peppa) salad and a little WF baguette with Brummel & Brown while the tofu was marinating.


This tofu became an instant favorite of mine.



Morgan's Lemon Chili Tofu

3-4 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 lemons
2 heaping teaspoons sugar
cayenne to taste; it should turn the marinade a nice orange color
1 block tofu, pressed

Mix all of the ingredients together and cut tofu to desired shapes. Marinate in glass baking dish, at least 1 hour.

Broil tofu in glass baking dish or iron skillet (I used both :-) ), about 20 minutes. Flip when the garlic on top is starting to brown, and the tofu forms a crust. Tofu is done when it is golden but not burned.



This picture really doesn't do it justice. The second batch (in the glass dish) was cooked a little longer and was juicier and more flavorful. I had another medium- sized piece.



Dessert was a chocolate Vita Muffin with nonfat plain yogurt and a little almond butter. Here it is when it's all pretty, but I mixed it up into one big mess!


I'm going to get in bed and read a little, but I can't guarantee how long my eyes will stay open. Bonne nuit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmm tofu...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Faaabulous recipe!!

Happy Wednesday!!

Anonymous said...

The tofu looks great! I still need to suck it up and finally try it :)