Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The morning after

So sorry for my lack of breakfast post! I had a hard time falling asleep because I was so excited, so it felt a little too early when my alarm went off! So I was about an hour late picking up Sarah, but we got to Brewberry's around 8:30 all the same.

I had an apple and an Erin Baker Breakfast "cookie":


I really liked this bar! It was just the right size, and great for an on-the-go snack. I was going to pair it with yogurt, but I knew I would get some kind of milky coffee drink so I held off. Oddly enough, I found the bars next to the sweet potatoes at Target! I didn't see them last time I was there, but if I can find them again, I'd love to try out the other flavors.


At Brewberry's, Sarah and I each got cafe au lait's with skim milk and a shot of espresso, with a sugar in the raw packet stirred in. This is my new favorite drink.


I had a grapefruit during poetry...



... and Linda brought treats to class again! Katie held my dum-dum so I could take a photo.


Meal #2 since September in the cafeteria! Woohoo! The spread was pretty good today. I got some cornmeal-crusted seitan (recipe idea!) with pickapeppa sauce, smokey Tobasco, and ketchup; steamed cauliflower with a little lemon juice and pepper; corn salad in a lime-cilantro dressing.



A small bowl of vegetable tortellini soup (which I'm pretty sure was the minestrone from yesterday + tortellini)...



... and red ants on a log!

Carrots 'n' Cake reminded me how much I love ants on a log when she posted her snack a few weeks ago. My mom used to make these for me all the time (with "traditional" ants, aka raisins). She tried to give me "ants on a snowy log" once, using cream cheese, but that didn't go over so well!


I was trying to resist the magic bars all through lunch, but I caved and grabbed one on the way out. However, I through out half (the bigger half!) right away so at least it wouldn't be quite as bad. But it made such a loud sound when it hit the bottom of the trash... those are dense little puppies!



I got so sleepy this afternoon! I already told my mom so she won't be horrified when she reads this, but I took a little nap in my car in the parking lot before class. There's a lot to be said for the power nap!

I'm going to get in bed and watch Monday's episode of Gossip Girl, maybe doze a little... then, back to the grind. But doesn't "the grind" seem so much brighter and happier now? One last hooray! for Obama!

2 comments:

healthy ashley said...

Hi! I just found your blog and am having so much fun reading through it all!

I love the idea of adding tortellini to soup. Yum!

Anonymous said...

That is one fancy schmancy cafeteria lunch! Wow.
And magic bars.. holy yum. I'm impressed that you managed to have enough will power to toss half. I would have just wrapped it and kept it for another day. Another day meaning I would probably end up picking at the rest of it that same day. No will power at all with delicious goodies like that.