Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's not Greek to me

The Larabar fairy came to my mailbox today! I'm really excited to try them; in concept, they're like Larabar's version of Clif Z-Bars. It's like two of my favorite things had a baby and made the JamFrakas (say it out loud: jam-fra-kass).




I had a snack plate that would make my mother proud: a fiber rye cracker, manchego, pepper jack, carrots, and an apple. And my good friend Mr. Coffee.



A while back I made Caitlin's sweet potato/ black bean burgers, and was craving them again. This time I added mushrooms (which I noticed were on the tail end of freshness) and chopped walnuts, a pinch of cumin , coriander seeds and salt and pepper.



I started to cook them on the burner, but then figured broiling the burgers would cook them more evenly. I added a dollop of yogurt to each patty (it's not Greek, but it did its job) and a sprinkle of curry powder.



A LOT of broccoli, squirted with lemon juice:




I love these burgers. What I did not love, however, was my tummy's fullness after the meal... too much fiber, Katie!


I found these guys in the bottom of my purse. They weren't fuzzy, so...


I heated some frozen strawberries to make a warm syrup, and stirred it into my sugar-free rice pudding. Yum!


The massive to-do list that probably does more harm than good:


Have a lovely evening!

3 comments:

HangryPants said...

I got my JamFrakas, too. I can't wait to see what everyone thinks.

I love sweet potatoes or squash things with beans. It's really a great combo!

Have a good Sunday.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Ha! I remember reading the Bell Jar in HS!!

Love the bars...excited to see what you think!

Love sweet potatoes and black beans- your burgers look amazing!!

Laughed at the gummy bears!

Love your snacky plate...plain cheese is the BEST!

HAPPY SUNDAY KATIE!
And oh. em. gee..We MUST come up with a pumpkin tofu rub! That sounds insanely good!

healthy ashley said...

I LOVE Clif Zbars, so I can't wait to read your review of the Larabar bars!