Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ode to tofu



I've got miles to go before I sleep, so this post is gonna be quick!

I had an apple snack as I cozied up with some Kerouac, Bautista and Cha:


Look familiar?! Glidingcalm was here in spirit for dinner tonight! I made a delicious batch of baked tofu, but instead of using honey in the traditional rub, I used brown rice syrup. I had it left over from my vegan baking extravaganza, but I couldn't really taste the difference. I guess that's the point! I thought the ketchup might have its feelings hurt because I haven't been using him as much. On the sweet potatoes he went!







Look at this guy: Carrot Cowboy? Ferragamo? Italy?



I had a small cup of diet coke during tonight's film screening, Burnt By The Sun. If you can, rent this movie. It is so, so good. It won an Oscar for Best Foreign Film in 1994. It was really sad, and I'm still in that post-movie haze and I haven't quite adjusted back to real life where I'm safe and sound.

I had a bowl of Special K and Autumn Harvest when I got home as a snack, with a few walnuts sprinkled on top.

My milk supposedly expired today, but almost half of the container is left. I hate when that happens! I am also running dangerously low on all my vitamins, and am out of my calcium supplement. Calcium is what I need most right now, so I'll have to figure out a way to get some more. Gas is $2.08 right now.... I filled up my tank for $25! At least that part of the economy is good... for now...

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Haha, love the Miss Gliding Calm-inspired meal :0)

Eeek, sorry about the spoiled milk!! Don't cry over it, haha (isn't that an idiom or something?? Don't cry over spilled milk? Or am I just crazy....).

Saw your comment on my blog = make something with a rich fudge or caramel sauce. Works every time :0)

Anonymous said...

HAHA YAY YAY! Thanks for the shout out! :)

All my favorites! Carrots, SP, Tofu! yum-o!

By the way, your halloween post is hilarious! Those ARE some creative costumes!! Why is the male runner bleeding? I don't get it? And what fun halloween food!

Happy Monday!!!