Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I miss you, leafy greens!

The spanikopita was just as good (if not a little better!) the second day. I broiled it for a couple minutes, which is why the top looks a little charred. My cousin told me this weekend that her broiler has three settings. Three! I can dream... We're getting to the end of the Grand Rapids carrots; I cut the tops off because they were brown but tasted fine. I had some nonfat cottage cheese to get some more calcium, and ended up eating it on top of the spanikopita. Yummm.



Had my second JamFrakas... scroll down for the review!


I had dinner in the cafeteria today and had my first burrito ever there. This wouldn't be so strange, except burritos are kind of a staple here. Needless to say, my first time was memorable for all the wrong reasons, as I spilled it all over myself. Inside was seitan, black beans, black olives, peppers, cheese, a little sour cream, salsa and hot sauce. Here it is before it was wrapped up:



It was also the sundae bar, which was heavenly as usual. I couldn't decide between chocolate and vanilla ice cream, so went for strawberry instead. I topped it with hot fudge, strawberries, a few crushed peanuts and mini M&Ms.



... I had to go back for some Reese's pieces. They looked so pretty in the bowl!



On to the product reviews!
JamFrakas Strawberry Crispiscrumptious



It's twice as big as this, but I was pretty hungry when I whipped it out and ate half before I even realized.


I liked this flavor. It had little bits of strawberry jelly in it without being overwhelmingly sweet. I don't think this would hold me very well on its own as a snack, but at 110 calories I can't really expect that. I would buy this again.

Chocolate Chip Cosmocrisp








This flavor was delicious. It tasted just like a Crunch bar! Well, almost... if you close your eyes and don't think about it. It was very chocolatey and good, but a little high in fat considering the number of calories in the whole bar. I would (and will) buy this as soon as they arrive in stores. They're less right than Larabars and don't sit as heavily in my stomach. Hope these are available soon!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great meals!!!

You're one of the only bloggers who actually LIKES those Jamfrakas bars, haha :-D

Saw your comment on my blog!! Everything is going well :-) How about with you?!?!??!