Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's all happening...

... And the way we celebrated in a certain St. Paul apartment was with this fabulous DQ Obama cake and a little champagne. When the election was called, there was so much energy in the room. Toasts, mini speeches (well, more like squeals)... we heard cheers and firecrackers outside on the streets. It's certainly "an historic" night!


But to back it up...


Lunch was my favorite salad. This is usually what I make at home ("home" home, in New York) when I have all the ingredients.


-lots of leafy greens
-tofu
-chickpeas
-green pepper
-Vidalia onion
-dried cranberries
-walnuts
-feta cheese
-dressing: dijon mustard, honey, white wine vinegar, olive oil



I love Rachel's yogurt. It's a little pricey so I don't buy it so much, but the flavors are so creative. I think this was my favorite flavor so far.


I had a Lemon Ginger Kardea bar after class as a snack:



The Nutrition Facts for the Lemon Ginger bar are almost exactly the same as the Chai Spice, save for a couple milligrams less of sodium.

I wasn't so crazy about the taste of this bar. It was more lemony than ginger-y, and I guess I'm not such a lemon fan. It reminded me a lot of a lemon poppyseed muffin. The texture, however, was still great; I love biting into the almond chunks. I probably wouldn't buy this flavor again.




I finally braved the cafeteria tonight! It was nice to have dinner with friends again.

From left to right: minestrone soup which I added orange lentils, tofu and a couple noodles to, green bean salad with some kind of vinaigrette, sautéed carrots, pumpkin cornbread (!) with honey butter. And a nice, cold glass of skim milk.


Jalene let me have one of her curly fries (which turned into a few more), and that's a grapefruit on the right.


Gummy teeth:


Snack size 100 Grand (it was a stressful night in front of the TV!):


CELEBRATORY CAKE!


I'm pumped on adrenaline, relief and caffeine.... I'm going to try to get a little more work done tonight before hitting the hay. Sarah and I are off to Brewberry's in the AM. Goodnight! Think happy thoughts!

2 comments:

Simple and Divine said...

GOLDEN. WE ARE GOLDEN <333 YAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYY! There was Champagne, fruits, n Angel Food Cakes in this House :) Veuve for a special occasion! GO O!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, that salad and pumpkin cornbread look sooo delicious!! Yum!!

Sorry about the bar though :0(