Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Humpday already? Vegan pumpkin chocolate chip squares

I feel like I've been up for hours! Actually, I have... but I'm wide awake, which says a lot. I did decide to bake for class, but first breakfast:




1/2 cup oats

1 cup water

1/4 cup milk

1/2 banana

1 tsp flax

1 tsp pb

4 walnuts

brown sugar



I decided to make... vegan pumpkin chocolate chip bars! I adapted a recipe from The Post- Punk Kitchen, based on what I had available.



You known I licked this...


13 x 9 inch pan 2 cups WW pastry flower 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp ground ginger 1/8 tsp nutmeg

2 crushed cloves

2 tsp vanilla extract


1 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp salt

2/3 cup olive oil

1 1/4 cup sugar

1 tbsp flax seeds


3 tbsp water


1 cup canned pumpkin

1 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix sugar and oil together. Add vanilla, water and flax. Add pumpkin, then gradually stir in flour mixture. Mix in chocolate chips. Spread evenly in cooking sprayed pan. Bake until fork comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool before cutting. Eat crumbs.





I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get these to class, since I can't carry them.... Hopefully they won't be squished by the time I get there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie those look amazing! I want!

bigsprout said...

yumm-Silver Moon step aside

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

LOOOOOVE those squares!!