Friday, October 31, 2008

All Hallow's Eve


Happy Halloween! This was definitely a tie with Christmas for my favorite holidays when I was little. One of my oldest friends, Ilena, and I would go trick-or-treating in this ENORMOUS apartment building in New York and get so much loot. And it always worked out perfectly, because she doesn't like peanut butter and I hate malt balls, so we'd always trade Reese's and Whoppers. I always get a little nostalgic around this time, because, up until college, we spent every Halloween together.

I was craving a smoothie this morning, but I didn't have anything to turn it orange! (Like, er, an orange. Oh! I could have used pumpkin! Maybe I'll dot that tomorrow.)




1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk
1 scoop vanilla Dessert protein powder
5 frozen strawberries
1/4 cup frozen cranberries
1 banana (2/3 blended, 1/3 as topping)
1 tsp flax
1 1/2 tsp PB



I had the silliest dream this morning between snoozes: I was modeling a dress in a fashion show very similar to something Felicity- the-American-Girl would wear. I was getting ready before the show in hair and makeup, and as the makeup artist was rubbing cream on my face I started to wake up... but I still felt her hand! But no... it was Betty Ford's paw. Ha ha ha. Pretty scary!

Have a spooky day!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, lovely smoothie!!

Haha, fun dream - my dreams NEVER make sense :-D

Saw your comment on my blog = No dressing up for me this year; just celebrating my brother's and sister-in-law's birthdays, and watching horror films :-)