Thursday, October 9, 2008

I got more records than the KGB

This day already feels so long, and I've got miles to go before I sleep....

I didn't leave myself enough time to make lunch so I just ended up having my Thai leftovers, which I'd planned to have for dinner. No biggie. Thai is one of those foods that gets better as it stews in its spices and flavors for a day or two.... Don't leave it longer than that, though, it's not a pretty sight! I also had a small glass of low-fat vanilla soy milk.



Carlye came over to watch The Scarlet Empress again and play with the kitties. I had a bowl of plain nonfat yogurt with a little Mueslix and honey.


I fell asleep on the couch for about two hours, but at least I woke up feeling refreshed. Sadly I woke up feeling a lot more sore, too! I had one of those dreams that takes place exactly where I was sleeping (my apartment, on the couch), and it was sort of a nightmare, so I was anxious to get up and turn the lights on. I made a fast dinner tonight- again, trying to use up all the groceries, as you can tell! I'm sorry I've been using so many tomato/onion/garlic/shallot and fake meat combinations recently, but we really don't have that much else right now.

The.best.frozen.ravioli (I had half the package) :


Combined with a tomato sautéd in cooking spray with a shallot and a Boca, and topped with a chopped Sargento light cheese stick.


With a glass of Açai Berry Emergen-C to keep me going....




Grapes to go with my reading about Catherine the Great:



I'm going to be up pretty late tonight, so I'll probably just post my snacks in the morning with breakfast.


Edited to add: I found this great stress fracture support group on the Runners World website. It seems like the feelings of frustration and incompetence are pretty typical for the first few days, but it gets better. It's nice to know there are others out there going through the same thing! Although of course I wish none of us were....

No comments: