Saturday, October 18, 2008

Life is a highway...

I wanna drive it all night loooong!








That song has [unfortunately] been in my head ALL WEEKEND. For some reason "Every Morning" by Sugar Ray is my go-to get-this-out-of-my-head! song, so I'm going to hum that to myself as I type this up and see how it works.



Dinner tonight was pretty fab. I made acorn squash, brown rice, sesame kale and baked tofu. Jalene's mom told us the best way to get the skin off squash is to cook it in the microwave for a few minutes first, then bake it. I halved the squash and put on a plate under paper towels, cooking it for about 5 minutes. The skin still didn't want to budge after that, so I just threw it in the oven at 350 with the already baking tofu (ginger, olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, sesame seeds), and baked it for about 5 more minutes.


The kale was delicious. Kath's husband had made a version of this a couple nights ago, and since I still had an extra bunch of kale, I was excited to cook this up. I mixed a dressing of 1 tsp ginger powder, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp toasted sesame oil, salt, and pepper. I tossed a few sesame seeds in for good measure.

I cleaned the bowl myself...


FOUND! Edy's Slow Churned Rich & Creamy pumpkin ice cream at just 100 calories and 3 g fat/ serving! Woohoo! With chocolate sauce and pecans:


I've been so freaking allergic today since I woke up. Hopefully it'll pass with sleep... if not, I have some good ole Allegra to help me out. We just watched Carrie as part of our Halloween gear-up.... I know the prom scene so well from books and other movies that I felt like I'd already seen it before! I'm going to spend some quality time with Edith Wharton in bed get up bright and early tomorrow to start my homework! What could be more fun?

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Haha wow, I haven't heard those songs in YEARS!!! Totally forgot about them :0)

Cute cat!!

Ooooh, LOVE that acorn squash, and the kale!! Yum!!

Good luck with your homework today!!