Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"God bless us, everyone!"


Soooo I got some bad news today: I have a pretty serious stress fracture in my femur (thigh bone), and I'll have to be on crutches for at least 3 weeks, plus good behavior. If I continue to walk on it, or even let my foot touch the ground, I could cause enough damage to actually break the bone, which would result in a surgery that involves implanting a metal rod in my leg. So crutches it is! This means I can't do any form of weight- bearing exercise, including Pilates, yoga, and strength training. I might be able to work some upper body moves in, but I'm going to have to be really careful about it. It's a bummer, as my daddy-o said. Today was not the best day....

I didn't end up having time to eat before class (hobbling takes a while) so I had lunch around 3. I made a soy turkey sandwich on wheat with nayonnaise, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and cheddar cheese.


I also had a banana.


Katey and I had our date a little later today, and ended up doing a little studying and going to a neighborhood pub. I had a summit Oktoberfest, but I forgot to stuff my camera into my raincoat (oh yeah, it's also pouring) before I left. Jalene picked me up and we had a nice dinner at the Thai place across the street. I got the same tofu dish as I got last time, as well as an appetizer soup. I also had 1/2 of one of Jalene's shrimp summer rolls:



I ate about half of the rice and half of the curry.


I came home to a chocolate surprise; my friend Howard sent truffles for my birthday! They're quite appropriate given the new additions to our household.



I had one.


I'm late! To the debates!

1 comment:

MJ said...

Those are some seriously cute truffles!