Saturday, October 25, 2008

Operation: detox

Whew, what a night! There were fun costumes, lovely people, and almost everything got eaten. Here was the spread, clockwise from left to right: vegan chocolate chip pumpkin squares, vegan lemon bars, vegan apple peanut butter caramel squares, more pumpkin squares, Boston "scream" cake, Irish soda bread.


Typical party fare and some Halloween candy treats:


Fun photo re-cap:

Cowboy Jonathon and Betty Ford:


I'm not really sure why I look so frightened here, but Jalene looks bee-you-tee -ful as a 1920s photograph.


Happy birthday Kabir! With Carmen Sandiego (Becky).



Andrew, Angry Joe, Carmen:



Megan, Emma, Cowgirl Camille:



Grecian Goddess Anne:

Adam and Katie (as each other!)


Unfortunately, I haven't really been drinking so much lately so I woke up with a little headache and slammed two full glasses of water and Emergen-C, a tylenol, and went back to sleep. Perfect cure-all! My camera was passed around all night so I didn't take pictures of everything I had, but here's the Annie's mac & cheese + tuna I had around 1, and a piece of Boston "Scream" Cake:

I had another smaller sliver of this... I'd nibbled and licked so much of the other desserts throughout the baking process, that this was the only one I hadn't tried in its full assemblage.

This cake is a cocoa/pumpkin mixture with a spiced cream filling and a chocolate glaze. Verrrry decadent! If anyone wants the recipe, let me know and I'll type it up. It's from the October Martha Stewart magazine.




I was craving protein and did NOT want anything sweet for brunch (I woke up after 11:30), so I made some savory oats. I cooked the oats with salt, pepper, and chili flakes. I mixed in a low fat string cheese, half a cup of low fat cottage cheese, one whole egg and one egg white, and a roasted red pepper.

No comments: