Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back to the grind

Everything is back to "normal" now; the weekend is over, and Ari is gone. Way too short, but very sweet. Here's a re-cap post-lunch yesterday (I forgot to take my camera so Ari took all of these on his phone):

Afternoon snack:


Gummy bears at the movies yesterday:


Beringer Zinfandel at California Pizza Kitchen:



10" Margherita pizza (I had 2/6 slices):


Grilled veggie salad (zucchini, asparagus, avocado, etc.) with grilled shrimp, dressing on the side that I didn't end up using very much of (I ate about 3/4, and all the shrimp):


Ari got the chicken marsala (one of his favorites) and said it was the worst he's ever had. Sad. We had a really nice time, though.

We got up at 5:30 this morning to get Ari to the airport on time (I was a little sad), then came back and went back to sleep. Betty Ford woke me up by his lawnmower- purring, pressing his face into my cheeks and licking my chin.... I had a bowl of Cracklin' Oat Bran/ Special K with a banana and skim milk.


My poetry professor had my class over today and had a really nice brunch spread. We started with delicious hot chocolate that reminded me a lot of the chocolat chaud à l'ancien that my friends and I had at Angelina's in Paris (one of Audrey Hepburn and Coco Chanel's old haunts and one of the many salons du thé around the city) modeled by Katie:


She also made a vegetable- cheese strata, herbed potatoes with aioli, and had bagels and cut-up fruit. I had some of everything and split a multigrain bagel with cream cheese with Katie. I went back to the pineapple plate several times....


Masala chai tea and new poetry books:



APPLE PIE!



... à la mode!


So good, but I was so full. Somehow we managed to squeeze seven people in my car, and we all made it back alive (with only one or two semi-close calls). I went straight to the gym to get on the bike after almost a week of not exercising. I got up after 19 minutes to take a water break (I forgot to bring my bottle) and the machine shut off, so I just finished the cardio workout there. I did some strength training and my core series, but that was really all I felt like doing today.

19:06 minutes
3.5 miles?
??? calories?

strength
chest press- 3 x 10 @ 15 lbs
shoulder press- 3 x 10 @ 10 lbs
row/rear deltoid- 3 x 10 @ 30 lbs
lat pulldown- 3 x 10 @ 40 lbs

core
straight arm crunch- 3 x 15
knee raises with stability ball- 3 x 10
seated twist on stability ball- 3 x 10
stability ball back extension- 3 x 10


Film screening tonight, then workworkwork. We went to bed really early every night and got up at a decent hour, so I think I'm on a pretty good schedule. One late night won't kill me!

No comments: