Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fun-filled family time

This post is going to be a little crazy.... The photos were taken on three different cameras, and I won't be able to get some of them until my parents get home to New York.

As we were leaving the MOA, I had one of my favorite fall treats... Godiva pumpkin truffles! I've been daydreaming about them since September and it did not disappoint this time.


Scooting down the stairs in my dress and sneakers. Très chic.


Dinner at Cafe Brenda was fan-tas-tic. We got there early and had a glass of wine at the bar. Their wine list was entirely organic, as was most of the food on the menu. I had a 2007 Gewürztraminer from Washington. It was sweet like a Riesling, but not sweet like box wine, which is always a plus.



We had Avignonesi Toscana at the table, and I sipped about two glasses through dinner. Cousin-Charlie-from-London was a little sleepy after his 9 hour flight...



A piece of cornbread with a little butter:


I ordered the fish special: rainbow trait with carmelized onions, rainbow chard with pepper, bulgar pilaf. I ate almost all.


And the dessert: Oh, indulgence! I gave a few bites away but pretty much ate the whole thing. It was a Mexican chocolate pudding, "like a crême brulé without the brulé." YUMMM.



Charlie and my uncle Mike kept me company while I "rested" from the journey down the stairs this morning.


My grandmother would KILL me if she knew this was up here but... too good to resist. My uncle got it for her in Nice and she wore it for breakfast today. She kept the bottom half tucked in for most of it though...


Light English muffin with peanut butter, banana, and honey; yogurt with raspberries, blueberries, and honey. And coffee, of course.



We went on a HUGE grocery spree today, so I won't have to go for quite some time. My parents also did my laundry for me because I'd have to go down a narrow staircase into the basement... what else are parents for? Just kidding... I'm taking them to the airport soon, and I have to admit I'm a little sad and homesick for New York. With Ari here last weekend and my parents here now, it'll be a long time until I see family again (Thanksgiving) and I probably won't see the boyfriend until the middle of December. Ah, well.

No comments: