Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Up and at 'em

I've been craving a smoothie for a while, but since I usually get up earlier than Jalene it wouldn't be very nice to wake her up with the blender. Today was the perfect day (although outside it is cold, gray and rainy and I'm going to stay cozy and warm in here as long as possible), and I whipped up a killer if I do say so myself.



4 tbsp plain nonfat yogurt

1 scoop vanilla Dessert protein powder

1 tsp flax seeds

1 tsp peanut butter

1 banana (1/2 blended in and 1/2 sliced on top)

1/2 cup frozen cranberries

1/4 cup muesli

4 walnuts, crushed on top


So good! I can't even taste protein powder, and that aftertaste is the reason why I don't make smoothies more often. It packed over 30 grams of protein, which i a great way to start the day.

I'm off to the Tria center to go to the acute injury clinic to get an ex-ray of my leg and find out what the heck is going on! (Sorry, S. Pal took over my brain for a second there.)

No comments: