Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Unappetizing lunch

I was in a hurry to this morning so I didn't get to prepare my lunch with the love and care it deserved (ha). I wanted to use up the perishable items in my fridge, and a little lightning bolt when off: why don't I combine them all together?! BAD IDEA. I should have known it was a no-go when I smelled the black beans, but I'd only had them open a few days so I thought they'd be okay. I mixed about 1/3 of a cup into a cup of cottage cheese with 1/3 of a cup of corn. Still looked sort of gross, but I thought if I microwaved it, maybe the grossness would dissolve into cheesy deliciousness. Oh, how wrong I was!


I hate to waste that much food and the container, but it was so foul I can't even tell you. So I spent money I should not be spending on a replacement: a veggie wrap.



It was made of shredded carrots, cabbage, basil, onion and mint. The mint and basil really made it; I'll have to remember these ingredients in my sammies. Would a cheddar/tomato/mint sandwich be good? Because this was served in the "healthy"(ier) cafe on campus, the creamy sauce was on the side. I didn't even end up opening it; I used a little ketchup and mustard and the sandwich tasted just fine. And the veggies were sweet and delicious on their own!


I had it alongside an apple (which was almost too mealy to eat), a cherry pecan Balance Pure bar, and a cup of Darjeeling tea.



Dinner's post will be a little late tonight; Sarah and I are going to see A Room With A View at the Guthrie tonight! My grandparents saw it and loved it, and were nice enough to get us tickets. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Sorry about the lunch :0(


Oooh, can't wait to read how 'A Room With A View' is!!