Saturday, October 11, 2008

I said a hip, hop...

Sorry for all the posting obnoxiousness.... My parents came in last night and I thought I'd have time to use the internet, but there was all sorts of nastiness on the highways so that didn't end up happening. So, here's a recap from the last 24+ hours:



Lunch at Coffee News: romaine with pear, grapes, toasted almond clusters, blue cheese and balsamic dressing on the side; 2 slices of baguette.





A Kashi chewy ( I was still hungry):


Megan came over after class to meet the kitties; I had a yogurt/milk/mueslix snack and then took a 2 hour nap. I'm finding I don't have as much energy now that I'm not running... Or, it could be because I'm hauling myself around all day!


I thought I could get a sandwich or something at the airport when I went to pick up my parents, but Starbucks had no vegetarian options. Bull-hunky! How is that okay? They had FOUR (4) kinds of meat-y sandwiches; a simple veggie/cheese would not have been so difficult. Bah. Anyway, I just got a fruit cup to hold me over until I could get something else.




We stopped at Whole Foods; I hobbled around the salad bar to get a nice spread:



Clockwise from left: spinach, zucchini slivers, egg salad, sesame broccoli, grilled artichoke, Japanese-style tofu, a beet, edamame succotash, grilled sweet potatoes. I was so hungry I ate it all in the car on the way to my grandparents' house (I was given a driving reprieve).

I also had a coconut cream pie Larabar, which I've been meaning to try but didn't want to spend the money on. It was pretty good! I think peanut butter cookie is still my favorite. There are a bunch more that I want to try, but we'll see how deep my pockets can stay....


Isn't this the greatest wallpaper?


We're a big breakfast family... my grandpa used to bake about 40 baguettes at a time and freeze them to have throughout the year. Sometimes we sit for over two hours just talking and grazing. I was the last to come down to breakfast this morning (darn snooze button) and a loaf had already been eaten. Never to worry, a fresh one was on the way! I had a piece with honey and peanut butter and peanut butter and jelly, as well as a Chobani with berries and some coffee.

Seconds on bread:



Modeling my new French fabulous apron:


My grandmother gave me these acorn earrings for my 21st birthday. They were hers, and her mother's before her; I feel so special to know I'm now part of the earrings' family history!


We're at the Mall of America- I'm blogging from Caribou- to pick up my credit card one and for all. It took over an hour to get to... they seem to be tearing up every road and freeway in the Twin Cities! When we got here, we rented a wheelchair for me (it's kind of fun... I feel like I'm in a big baby carriage) and had lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. I had a small bowl of butternut squash soup and a spinach salad with gorgonzola, pear, and almonds tossed with balsamic (I forgot to ask for it on the side). Almost exactly the salad I had yesterday...



I ate about 3/4 the soup and bread.

My mom showing off my new wheels:


We're going to Cafe Brenda tonight for dinner; I've been looking forward to going there for so long! I haven't been since I'd just decided to eat vegetarian, so I must have been about 12. I probably won't be able to blog again until tomorrow, so expect another huge round of pictures!

No comments: