Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lunch boof-ay

I drove to Wayzata for a nice lunch with my grandparents. We went to their country club for the lunch buffet, which, lucky for me, was on the main floor and I didn't have to deal with stairs. I still had help carrying my plates to the table, though... I'm not that talented yet.

Round 1- lettuce, beets, red and yellow peppers, ccumbers, smoked salmon, cauliflower, honeydew, cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple, artichoke and balsamic vinaigrette.


Round 2- More fruit, and a piece of scrumptious French toast with maple syrup.


Even though I had a pretty big lunch, I was feeling snacky when I got back so I had a Chobani with pumpkin, a little almond butter and a squirt of honey. It hit the spot!


It is so beautiful out today. The difference in leaves in just a week is amazing! Here are two pictures from my grandparents' "golden forest", on the driveway to their house. They really don't do it justice, though- it really did look like something out of a fairy tale book.





Jalene likes the weather, too...


I hope it's turning out to be a nice Sunday for everyone! Despite the pot of coffee I've already had today, I am so sleepy... I'm going to try to stay awake long enough to read half of The House of Mirth!

No comments: