Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween in St. Petersberg

My dad's in Russia right now, and sent me an email telling me they do celebrate Halloween there!


As usual, I put off Halloween shopping until the last minute and JUST came back from getting some candy at Target. But first, to back up...


Since I had breakfast kind of late, I just had an apple and a Luna as a snack and got lunch after class (around 3:30).




Veggie salad with romaine, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, with apple cider vinaigrette (I didn't use all of it):



The candy haul!


I was really hungry when I got back from Target, and I knew having all this chocolate around was going to be dangerous. I tried not to buy any of my favorites, so I wouldn't want to eat all of it. I had a yogurt first, to stave off my hunger. The Halloween ghoul must have wanted me to know that I mae the wrong choice, because it splattered all over me when I took off the lid.


Then a gummy finger, so I wouldn't let out the chocolate monster in me too early. It was actually pretty good!


I hope we get some trick-or-treaters, though, because I don't trust myself to leave the candy bowl alone if it's here after tonight! I'll post the fun-size treats I have with dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's my fav Luna bar, I think....

and i love the gummy finger! happy halloween!