Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Humbug! But get over it.

I apologize in advance if I'm cranky for the next few days... this little lifestyle change is going to take a little getting used to. For one, I woke up SO SORE in my arms and back from using the crutches, and each of my legs were sore in different places from putting more strain than usual on one and holding the other in the air. Add that with sleepiness and trying to wheel around on my desk chair to make breakfast and it makes for one miserable Wednesday morning.

I had a poached egg (which broke into tiny little pieces when I tried to slide it gracefully out with a spatula) on a slice of whole wheat toast with two slices of soy turkey and a fat free cheddar single.



Last night I had a green tea ginger ale at Sarah's (I was so thirsty!) while we watched the debates.


Toola Roola and I had a post-debate cereal snack (special K & cracklin' oats)...


I'm going to have to give myself extra time to get to classes, taking into account the hobble factor and how slow the elevators we do have are. I know mostly what I need to do, though, is stop feeling sorry for myself and just get over it. I'm going to have to be on these crutches for a while whether I like it or not, and if I don't follow the rules, I'll end up having a much bigger problem. Optimism, optimism....

I've been putting off trying to figure out how to maneuver myself in the shower, but I'm running out of time so I'm going to go do that. Hopefully I won't fall!

No comments: