Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bitter Awakenings

I got up at 7 this morning, all ready to bike to the gym. Instead, I was greeted with this:


Here's a closer look to clarify:



Yes, that is a hacksawed bike lock. I am SO ANGRY. And, whoever did this must have come with a great big truck, because when I was driving (GRR!) to school I saw another sawed-off lock in the middle of the street. I called campus security (who can't do anything except warn other students, since we live off-campus) and the St. Paul PD, who are going to call me in a few hours. BAH that makes me so mad.

Last night I went to Sarah's to watch Ivan the Terrible Parts I & II with Luke and Carlye, since we all missed the movie Sunday night. Everyone brought snacks, so I had half a piece of zucchini bread, 3/4 Whole Foods "two bite" orange cranberry scone, and a sliver of a white Russian truffle (Carlye works at the local chocolate shop). The movie was SO LONG. (That seems to be all I've been saying about these screenings!)





Anyway, I thought my anger would fuel an effective workout, so I had half a chocolate chip Clif bar and headed over to the gym.


Here's what I did:

37:00 minutes

3.1 miles @ 5.4, 4.0, 3.5 mph

301 calories


Core:
3 x 15 straight arm crunches
3 x 10 knee raises w/ stability ball
3 x 15 stability ball seated twist
3 x 15 stability ball back extension

Upper Body:
3 x 15 (10 lbs) chest press
3 x 10 (10 lbs) delts
3 x 15 (10 lbs) rowing machine


Legs:
2 sets of squats & lunges

I came back and had a big bowl of oatmeal:


3/4 cup oats

1 cup skim milk

1 tsp flax seeds

1 tsp peanut butter

1 banana

handful raisins

sprinkle cinnamon

squirt honey


There's a luncheon today for the English Department in a couple hours, so I'm going to go shower and try to get some work done before that. I have to give myself extra time to get there since I will now be walking to school...

I forgot to mention that I signed up for my first race: a 5k. It's on October 4 at 8:15 am, aka the morning after my 21st birthday which may not be the smartest thing to do, but I'm going to see if the party can be the night of the 4th instead of the 3rd. It shouldn't be too bad of a run, and I get a free T-shirt!

No comments: