Monday, September 15, 2008

There she goes again

Signs was on at the gym this morning; I've seen it so many times (don't ask me why) but it did its job distracting me.

2.51 miles @ 7.0, 5.4, 4.0 and 3.5 mph

28.55 minutes

253 calories

2 sets of 15 reps lat press, 40 lbs

2 sets of 15 reps crunch machine, 40 lbs


2 sets of 15 reps hip abduction, outer, 85 lbs

I found Steve, the trainer, and he gave me the training guide he used for one of his marathons. I'm just going to start at Week 1 so I can start properly with the program. He said I should only weight train two days (Tuesday and Thursday), but that doing Pilates as well won't be a problem. It's all about the core! He's going to work with me at 9 tomorrow morning to show me which machines I should be using. I'm so relieved to have a little guidance; I'm definitely someone who needs to be pushed.

I had lunch in the cafeteria today: tempeh and brown rice with tomato and sautéed onions, covered with pickapeppa sauce; salad of spinach, carrots, black beens, beets, cucumbers and cottage cheese, drizzled with a little lemon juice and olive oil. Washed down with a nice glass of milk, all on the infamous "Bad Time Jimmy" tray...


Fro- yo with a little natural PB and a little coffee.



I came home and had a little NSA applesauce with plain nonfat yogurt and a light Sargento string cheese. Served with some inspiration from Miss Sara O'Rourke:


I'm trying to get into a Monday night yoga class... Wish me luck!

No comments: