Thursday, September 25, 2008

Don't worry, we're in no hurry

The problem with waking up after 9 and going to the gym is it gets very confusing to decide what I'm going to eat when I get back: breakfast or lunch? Before I left, I had a slice of 10 grain bread with PB and honey, did some stretches, and headed to the gym.




My leg was really hurting today, so Steve told me I should probably just stick to the bike until the 5K next Saturday. After a little warm-up, he got one of the foam rollers and rolled me out to see if he could figure out what was causing the pain. I have sore spots in my left thigh and my right calf that could be causing me to run differently. He also said that if my core isn't strong enough to support my legs, it can also cause injury. So I'll have to work on that extra hard!

Cardio (bike)
35:00 minutes
6.0 miles
300 calories

Strength
chest press: 3 x 10 @ 15 lbs

shoulder press: 3 x 10 @ 10 lbs
row/ rear deltoid: 3 x 10 @ 15 lbs
hip abductor, outer: 3 x 10 @ 85 lbs
hip abductor, inner: 3 x 10 @ 85 lbs

lateral pulldown: 3 x 10 @ 40 lbs

Core
straight arm crunches- 3 x 20
knee raises w/ stability ball- 3 x 10

stability ball seated twist- 3 x 10
stability ball back extension- 3 x 10


I really need to pick up a foam roller, when I prioritize my spendings.... Money is so tight for everyone right now. My mom thought it would be interesting to see how much I spend on coffee per week. I have a coffee maker, but sometimes I don't have time to clean it or I'm already out when I notice I need the caffeine. So far this week, I've spent about $8, and I'm probably forgetting a few cups here and there. That can definitely be adjusted... I bought a cup at the gym and came home and heated up last night's leftovers and some sweet potatoes.



Because I kind of went straight from breakfast to lunch, I'm packing a Chobani and some granola and walnuts for a snack before Pilates.

No comments: