Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shine and sparkle

Jalene came home last night in a foul mood as well, so we embraced it and made a night out of it. We made sundaes and watched The Professional on the floor in our PJs. (I got in trouble for saying this, but I think Gary Oldman in this, Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet and Heath Ledger in The Dark Night are three of the greatest cinematic villains of all time. The boy thinks Jack Nicholson is a better Joker; I just think they're different!)


This morning I had half a chocolate chip Clif bar on the way to the gym.


Today wasn't such a great running day. I'd planned on just a short 2-miler, but my calves were so sore that I had to walk after only half a mile. When I finished a full mile, I switched to the elliptical and ran another mile. Then Steve came over to show me some core exercises. Here's what I did:

3 x 15 straight arm crunches

3 x 10 knee raises (with stability ball)

3 x 15 stability ball seated twists

3 x 15 stability ball back extensions (like a reverse sit-up)

I really need to pick up a plastic ball and a muscle roller. One of these days... I had the other half of my bar after my workout. Time to shower and think about lunch!

No comments: