Saturday, September 13, 2008

Go team!

I just had a great workout. I went the farthest I've gone, and had the best "runner's high" I've ever gotten. I decided to make this my long run day. The trainer told me I should try to go four miles, since I've been going close to three. I set my goal for 45 minutes, and just wanted to stay on the machine for that duration, even if I walked part of it. And I did! With the exception of 15 seconds, when my bobby pin flew off my head and my bangs were in my face. Here's the end result:

4.0 miles

47:55 minutes

385 calories

175 average heart rate

I ran 5.4 mph most of the time, with a couple 4.0 mph walks for about a minute, a 7.0 mph
sprint, and a cooldown at the end at 3.5 and 3.0 mph.

Sleepless in Seattle was on, which I must have seen about a hundred times, but I have to admit I got a little choked up when they met up on the Empire State Building. (There might be an An Affair To Remember screening in the near future.) Before my run, I just had a bowl of Special K/ Oatmeal Square, a cup of coffee, and some Emergen-C. Gotta run to the new Coen Brothers Movie!



No comments: