Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sugar and Spice and carbs, carbs, carbs!

Went to the cafeteria twice today, which I try to avoid (mainly because I only get about 5 a week). The choices on Saturday and Sunday nights are always pretty meager, and my stomach was still a little upset so I just wanted some cheesy pasta. They were offering a creamy pasta which I wouldn't have gone normally, but I wanted it today. I added some spinach, cottage cheese, tofu, and mixed it up and zapped it in the microwave until the cheese melted.


I also had a piece of whole wheat toast with PB and jelly...


... a grapefruit...


... and a cup of coffee with chocolate milk (although I only had about 1/3).


We watched White Sun of the Desert, which was, thankfully, only an hour and a half. I think it and The Scarlet Empress are my favorites so far. I came home and made Veggie Girl's pumpkin -pecan-raisin loaf. It was quick and easy to make, made the kitchen smell delicious, and had really tasty batter that I helped myself to quite a bit of.



Sarah came over and she, Jalene and I baked something that will be posted tomorrow (of which I also ate a lot of batter), and we split a slice of bread three ways. Mm-mm-good!


I'm really tired so I'm sure I'll have no trouble falling asleep. See you for breakfast!

Edited to add: I just burned my hand on the oven rack.... Clumsiness will make this my third oven-caused scar!

No comments: