Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Yeast and teargass

I've been sleeping most of the evening, but I woke up and knew I needed to put something in my stomach. I had a piece of toast with whipped butter and nutritional yeast and a cup of bean soup. My friend Katie Fowley first told me about nutritional yeast a few years ago, but tonight was the first time I tried it. It's full of vitamins (which I need right now) but I think I'll try this on popcorn and as a thickener in pasta sauces. It has a mild, cheesy taste that's pleasant despite the yellow color.


I'm just now catching up on the DNC/RNC speeches. Many of my classmates have been going down to the Xcel center to protest. A friend of mine told me today that he was both teargassed and maced just for being there and holding a sign. Change is in the air...

No comments: