Friday, September 26, 2008

(Don't Choke On Your) Dinner

I saw Choke tonight with my friend Jonathan in Minneapolis. I sort of forgot to get excited about its coming out; we'd wanted to see Battle In Seattle (about the WTO protests) but we missed the only showing by 20 minutes (thank you, Friday night rush hour). I really really liked the movie. I read the book a really long time ago and had forgotten most of the story, but it was great. And Sam Rockwell's pretty mug was only part of it. I'd had a big yogurt/granola parfait around 3:30 which held me over pretty well.


The movie didn't start until 7:30 and I didn't get home until 9:45, by which point Katiezilla was starting to emerge (the can opener was lost for a few minutes... seriously close to a full-blown disaster) and I just needed something fast and filling. I whipped up some Annie's cheddar shells, which I mixed with yogurt (instead of milk), cheddar, sweet potato, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. It was pretty good, and I was reeeally full afterwards.

I had a

I'd planned on being good and staying in to do work, but I started falling asleep while reading so I think I'm going to just crawl into bed and watch a little telly. I had a bedtime treat of two Fig Newmans (they tasted a little alcoholic tonight... strange) and a cup of milk.

No comments: