Saturday, September 6, 2008

Total victory!

(That means a very different thing in my family, but I'm going to ignore that usage for the moment.)

It turns out the gym doesn't open until noon on Saturdays and Sundays (which I think is ridiculous, especially considering how many people have weekend jobs), but it turned out to be a good thing because I got a lot of reading done. Man, Fitzgerald can write. Would it be insane to say that he and Hemingway are comparable to Ian McIninerney and Brett Easton Ellis in the 80s and 90s? Hmmm... Anyway, because of the two hour lapse, I needed a snack to fuel my run. I had a trail mix bar:


They weren't showing any movies in the gym today, but I figured out how to hook my iPod up to the treadmill (which charges it and transmits it to the touch-screen). I listened to the playlist I got from New Life from one of the instructors.

1. Half Way Tree- Damian "Junior Gong" Marley

2. Under Pressure- David Bowie/Queen

3. A Little Less Conversation- Elvis Presley (it was a mash-up, but I'm not sure who mixed it)

4. Bad Medicine- Bon Jovi

5. Movin' On Up- Jeffersons' theme


6. Quality Control- Jurassic 5

7. One Night In Bangkok- Frankie Goes To Hollywood


I ran 2.03 miles at 5.3 mph, with a 3.5 mph warm-up and cool-down, burning 206 calories.

On the machines:


2 x 10 reps hip abduction (inner), 70 lb

2 x 10 reps hip abduction (outer), 70 lb

2 x 10 reps biceps, 40 lb

2 x 10 reps deltoids, 10 lbs


2 x 10 reps triceps, 10 lbs

2 x 10 reps (5 lbs each) free weights

I'm really happy I was able to run, although it was definitely a challenge after taking so many days off. When I got home, I re-heated some macaroni and cheese (with a little extra Wisconsin parmesan grated on top) and a bowl of soup. I froze this soup because there is still SO MUCH LEFT, and I don't want to get sick of it or feel guilty and eat it at every meal.



No comments: