Sunday, September 7, 2008

Iconic and epic

I didn't want to take the time to bike to campus and back, so, with my snazzy new pedometer, I was going to just run down the street. Buttttt the pedometer wouldn't even turn on. I decided to go anyway, but after a few blocks and the Intro to Speakerboxxx/ The Love Below, I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe next time. I think I just need to suck it up and splurge for a heart rate monitor.

For dinner, we cooked fresh sweet corn and string beans and baked tofu. The tofu was pretty simple:

1/2 lb tofu, drained and pressed, cut into strips (or triangles, I was feeling whimsical)

1 tbsp honey

1 tbsp white wine

1 tbsp rice vinegar

1/2 tsp red chili flakes

1/2 tsp ginger powder

salt to taste

Mix ingredients together. Arrange tofu in baking dish and pour marinade over. Cook at 350 until slightly browned, flipping once.

With some Irish soda bread:


Tonight's movie was Andre Rublev (Tarkovsky 1965) which was good, but was longer than Titanic's 3 hours and 18 minutes, and did have Leonardo DiCaprio in it to perk up my attention span.

I got home at 11 and was hungry, so i forced Jalene to eat some polenta/honey/milk concoction so we could rinse the pan (which has yet to be done). It was okay, minus the occasional garlic niblets that snuck in.
And now it is so, so time for sleep. I have an early morning workout planned that I don't want to sleep through, and I have quite a bit o' reading to do before class.

No comments: