Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pumpkin pie for breakfast!

I actually obeyed my alarm and got up at 7 this morning. I had a slice of 10 grain bread with PB and honey before heading over to the gym.


I used the elliptical instead of the bike today, to switch things up.

30:03 minutes
1.68 miles

263 calories

Strength
shoulder press- 3 x 10 @ 15 lbs
chest press- 3 x 10 @ 10 lbs

lateral pulldown- 3 x 10 @ 40 lbs
hip abductors, inner- 3 x 10 @ 90 lbs
hi abductors, outer- 3 x 10 @ 90 lbs

Core

straight-arm crunches- 3 x 20
knee raises w/ stability ball- 3 x 10
stability ball seated twist- 3 x 10

stability ball back extension - 3 x 10

I used the microwave today to save time. I made a big bowl of pumpkin oats, using:

2/3 cup oats

1 cup water

1/2 cup pumpkin

1 tsp flax seeds

1 tsp walnuts

1 tbsp brown sugar

handful raisins

dollop fat free plain yogurt

cinnamon


It was delicious. It felt so indulgent, like I was eating a real pie! I had a cup of this Pink Grapefruit Green Tea, part of the "Sip for the Cure" to benefit breast cancer. It was on sale at the grocery store a couple days ago, so I picked a box up. Pretty tasty!



Time to shower and get ready.... Ari will be here in less than 36 hours! I may be singing some Pointer Sisters in the tub...

No comments: