Monday, September 1, 2008

Noisy Choppers

I woke up this morning to what sounded like a hundred helicopters flying around my backyard. The Convention starts today, so I guess they have news and security flying in, but it’s seriously been going on for over an hour! I’m sure they’ll broadcast some of the speeches in the campus center. I didn’t sleep well anyway; I woke up about four times during the night just to blow my nose. I’m ready for this cold or allergy or whatever it is to be done with! I’m sure all the dust from our moving boxes doesn’t help matters much…

This morning I had a bowl of Cinnamon Pecan Special K mixed with Kashi Autumn Harvest shredded wheat and a few extra pecans. I tried the tangerine flavor of Emergen-C (it’s kind of like orange juice…) and Moroccan mint green tea. Look at the cute little placemats!

This week I’m going to start my actual training schedule. It’s pretty vigorous; I have a 14-week plan for a half-marathon. I run between 2 and 4 miles for six days this week, with Friday as my off-day and 3 miles starting today. That’s a total of 18 miles this week! It’s a little daunting but hopefully by Saturday I’ll be able to do 4 miles, and I can always walk part of the way. This training schedule is the one my aunt used in 1985!

No comments: