Sunday, September 7, 2008

She don't use jelly...


Last night was a bit of a late one; we had some people over for bread and vino. I made this Red Arrow Irish soda bread mix, which I've been meaning to try for a while, and it turned out very well. I couldn't find our dried currents, so I mixed in 2/3 cup dried cranberries and 1/3 cup raisins. While the oven was pre-heating, a piercing beep started sounding... Apparently the smoke detector is heat-sensitive as well, and we didn't have enough circulation going in the kitchen. We had to stand in front of the sensor for about ten minutes, waving a bath towel at it, to keep it silent. Good to know it works at least...



Despite the late bedtime, I was up early this morning... partly in thanks to the neighbor's dog barking its lungs off. I need to meet this dog, because I keep my bike chained to the fence between our houses and it shrieks every time I go near it. I miss my poodle. I had Special K Cinnamon Pecan with some extra pecans, coffee, and tangerine Emergen-C. I'm leaving soon to have lunch with my grandparents at their club, and tonight I have to watch a 3.5 hour Russian movie (caffeine provided) with my cinema class.

No comments: